Re: [RFC/PATCH 1/2] perf script: Add --time-filter option

From: David Ahern
Date: Thu May 16 2013 - 09:29:17 EST

On 5/16/13 2:50 AM, Namhyung Kim wrote:
On Wed, 15 May 2013 20:42:30 -0600, David Ahern wrote:
On 5/15/13 7:56 PM, Namhyung Kim wrote:
How about just --time? less typing.

Thanks, I'm fine with '--time' too but '--time-filter' looks more

yes, I just have really long command lines now. Is there a consistent
single letter (X?)?

Do you mean a single-letter option "-X" for this?

Yes, by consistent I meant a letter not used by any of the current analysis commands (report, script, diff). We are to the point where options are getting added only as --some-name now. Be nice to have single letter shortcuts.

David