Re: [patch 13/15] clockevents: Provide sysfs interface

From: Stephen Boyd
Date: Wed May 15 2013 - 18:31:20 EST

On 05/15/13 02:50, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Apr 2013, Stephen Boyd wrote:
>
>> On 04/25, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
>>> Provide a simple sysfs interface for the clockevent devices. Show the
>>> current active clockevent device.
>>>
>> Neat. Does this do anything about clockevents that aren't in use
>> for the tick devices or broadcast device?
> No, but that would be simple to add.

What would it look like? Right now I think we have clockevent0,1,2,3,
etc. for all the cpus and a broadcast0 device. The broadcast0 device is
present even if we don't actually have a broadcast device in the system
(i.e. it says <null> for its name).

Would we add unused_clockevent0,1,2? Maybe we should have clockevent
devices for each physical evtdev and then symlinks for clockevent0,1,2,3
and broadcast0 that point to the physical clockevent device?

hosted by The Linux Foundation