Re: RTL driver for RTL8191SEvB and/or wpa-supplicant really brokenat times

From: Larry Finger
Date: Wed May 15 2013 - 17:56:07 EST

On 05/15/2013 07:08 AM, Norbert Preining wrote:
Hi everyone,

sorry for the late reply, business trip to Tokyo.

No problem.

On Do, 09 Mai 2013, Larry Finger wrote:
absolutely critical, namely the PCI ID. There are at least three

10ec:8172

That card is the 1x2 variant.

I tested my sample of that card using the wireless-testing git repo as merged with mainline on May 13. I could connect with WEP, WPA, and WPA2 APs and the connection was stable for at least 2 hours.

Performance could be improved. For WEP and WPA, netperf shows about 10 Mbps for RX and TX. For WPA2, it is not that good. I will compare these results with the latest vendor driver, but it does not build on 3.10 and I do not have time to sort that out now.

Larry