Re: rcu_preempt running flat out on idle desktop.

From: Frederic Weisbecker
Date: Mon May 13 2013 - 21:21:20 EST

On Thu, May 09, 2013 at 05:10:26PM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Thu, May 09, 2013 at 11:02:08PM +0200, Frederic Weisbecker wrote:
>
> > > RCU options for this build are..
> > >
> > I can't reproduce that issue even with the above setting. Could you
> > please send me your whole config?
>
> http://paste.fedoraproject.org/11363/36813375/raw/

Sorry it took me some time to get that config booting, I ran into
other unrelated crashes.

So I'm observing the exact opposite than you: the processes appear to
have no load nor to consume cputime. Even if I use some dumb user loop.
Top don't even show it.

I'm digging further and will tell you when I get more info.

Thanks.