Re: [RFC 2/2] virtio_balloon: auto-ballooning support

From: Luiz Capitulino
Date: Mon May 13 2013 - 14:25:29 EST

On Mon, 13 May 2013 11:34:41 -0300
Rafael Aquini <aquini@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You're right, and the host's member is used to communicate the configured size
> to guest's balloon device, however, by not changing it when the shrinker causes
> the balloon to deflate will make the balloon thread to be woken up again
> in order to chase the balloon size target again, won't it? Check

I don't see the balloon thread waking up after the shrinker executes in my
testing. Maybe this is so because it will only wake up when QEMU notifies
a config change.

But anyway, I'll think how to improve this as suggested by Michael too, as
I seem to be changing num_pages' semantics according to the virtio spec.