Re: EXT4 regression caused 4eec7

From: Jan Kara
Date: Mon May 13 2013 - 13:01:35 EST

On Mon 13-05-13 11:34:12, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> On 5/12/13 4:01 AM, Dmitry Monakhov wrote:
> > In fact '4eec70' are vexing because I have reviewed and tested this patch before
> > it was marked as Review-by, but missed the bug. This is because xfstests
> > was executed manually logs was full of warnings but tainted flag was not
> > checked at the end.
>
> Can you elaborate on this? What was logged, and is it something we could
> try to pick up post-test in xfstests?
Generally I think it might be useful if xfstests would fail / warn if
kernel became tainted during the test (e.g. due to WARN_ON or oops, or
something like that). It should be even relatively easy to implement
(just compare /proc/sys/kernel/tainted before and after each test).

Honza
--
Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx>
SUSE Labs, CR