regression: from 3.8 to 3.9: headphones output no sound on Intel HDA,codec VIA VT1802

From: Alex Riesen
Date: Sun May 12 2013 - 05:54:19 EST

Hi,

I just noticed (use the headphones rarely) that the headphones on this
System76 Lemur Ultra (lemu4) stopped working. There is absolutely no
output.

I tried reverting all changes to patch_via.c since v3.8, and
have the sound back, but there wasn't much to revert:

Revert "ALSA: hda - Rearrange INPUT_PIN_ATTR_*"
Revert "ALSA: hda - Use generic parser for VIA codec driver"
Revert "ALSA: hda - Enable parsing the independent HP mode as default
for VIA codecs"
Revert "ALSA: hda/via - Fix wrong checks of power state bits"
Revert "ALSA: hda - Fix phantom jacks on VT1708"
Revert "ALSA: hda - detect jacks on VT1708 even when no streams are active"
Revert "ALSA: hda - Use generic array for loopback list management"

and one change (which I indeed suspect) is large: the use of generic parser.

The problem is also present in 3.10-rc1. The output of alsa-info.sh attached,
for 3.8.12 and 3.9.2 respectively.

Regards,
Alex Riesen