Re: RTL driver for RTL8191SEvB and/or wpa-supplicant really brokenat times

From: Larry Finger
Date: Thu May 09 2013 - 11:36:58 EST

On 05/09/2013 06:56 AM, Norbert Preining wrote:

in the current state, that is release 3.9.0, but the same happened
in earlier kernels, this driver and/or NM is completely useless
at times. At times it just works, at times it does nothing.
In this case, now the 5th day in series ...

Nice long rant. Too bad we don't have a soapbox.

With all the information you provided, you forgot one detail that is absolutely critical, namely the PCI ID. There are at least three varieties of RTL8191SE chip, and I have no idea which one you have.

I also recommend that you try either the wireless-testing git repo or the mainline git repo. There are a lot of changes that cannot be backported.

Larry