Re: [GIT PULL] SLAB changes for v3.10

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Wed May 08 2013 - 14:33:17 EST

On Wed, 8 May 2013, Chris Mason wrote:

> This patch fixes things for me, but to maintain the rules from
> Christoph's patch, kmalloc_caches[2] should have been created whenever
> kmalloc_caches[7] was done.

Not necessary. The early slab bootstrap must create some slab caches of
specific sizes, it will only use those during very early bootstrap.

The later creation of the array must skip those.

You correctly moved the checks out of the if (!kmalloc_cacheS())
condition so that the caches are created properly.

Acked-by: Christoph Lameter <cl@xxxxxxxxx>