Re: [GIT PULL] SLAB changes for v3.10

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Wed May 08 2013 - 09:56:13 EST

On Tue, 7 May 2013, Tony Lindgren wrote:

> OK got it narrowed down to CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK=y causing the problem
> with commit 8a965b3b. Ain't nothing like bisecting and booting and then
> diffing .config files on top of that.
>
> > Without reverting 8a965b3b I'm getting:

The patch (commit 8a965b3baa89ffedc73c0fbc750006c631012ced) merely changed the sequence of
slab creation to address an issue in SLAB.

Hmmm.. But if KMALLOC_SHIFT_LOW is higher than 6 or 7 then the creation of
the non-power of two slab could be skipped as a result of the patch. But
we should not need them in those cases.

Can I see the kernel config?

What is the value of KMALLOC_SHIFT_LOW?

Can you figure out which kernel slab the function is trying to access?