Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the nfsd tree

From: Chuck Lever
Date: Mon Apr 29 2013 - 15:15:19 EST

On Apr 29, 2013, at 2:57 PM, J. Bruce Fields <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 02:30:33PM -0400, Chuck Lever wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 29, 2013, at 1:59 PM, "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

>>> Sorry, I should have said just "remove static from", not
>>> "re-export"--it's in the same module. So there should be no problem
>>> here, right?
>>
>> OK, gotcha. Architecturally outside of the mech switch I'd like to
>> see OIDs passed around embedded in GSS tuples rather than by
>> themselves.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean. When I accept a gss context I don't yet
> know what service or qop it's going to be used with, I only know the
> mechanism OID.

RPC server GSS support didn't need the gss_mech_get_by_OID() interface before gssproxy, so I'm trying to understand why it is needed now.

But it sounds like you do need it now, so go ahead and make gss_mech_get_by_OID() global within the AUTH_GSS module.

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com