[Patch -v3 0/4] Shutdown from reboot_cpuid without stopping othercpus.

From: Robin Holt
Date: Mon Apr 15 2013 - 13:12:34 EST

We recently noticed that reboot of a 1024 cpu machine takes approx 16
minutes of just stopping the cpus. The slowdown was tracked to commit
f96972f.

The current implementation does all the work of hot removing the cpus
before halting the system. We are switching to just migrating to the
reboot_cpuid and then continuing with shutdown/reboot.

The patch set is broken into four parts. The first is planned for
the stable release. The others move the halt/shutdown/reboot related
files to their own kernel/reboot.c file and then introduce the kernel
boot parameter.