[PROBLEM] perf requires python-devel to compile

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Mon Apr 15 2013 - 06:58:55 EST

Hello,

I'm seeing this when I try to build perf in v3.9-rc7:

[penberg@golgotha perf]$ make
CHK -fstack-protector-all
CHK -Wstack-protector
CHK -Wvolatile-register-var
CHK -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
CHK bionic
CHK libelf
CHK libdw
Makefile:584: No libdw.h found or old libdw.h found or elfutils is
older than 0.138, disables dwarf support. Please install new
elfutils-devel/libdw-dev
CHK libunwind
CHK -DLIBELF_MMAP
CHK libaudit
CHK libnewt
Makefile:673: newt not found, disables TUI support. Please install
newt-devel or libnewt-dev
CHK gtk2
CHK -DHAVE_GTK_INFO_BAR
CHK perl
Makefile:755: The path '/usr/bin/python-config' is not executable.
Makefile:755: *** Please set 'PYTHON_CONFIG' appropriately. Stop.

The problem is that I didn't have python-devel package installed and
get-executable-or-default decides to error out instead of letting the
Makefile disable Python support.

Pekka