Re: [patch v7 0/21] sched: power aware scheduling

From: Alex Shi
Date: Mon Apr 15 2013 - 02:17:40 EST

On 04/15/2013 02:04 PM, Alex Shi wrote:

>> > Ok, what's wrong with x = 32 then? So basically if you're looking at
>> > avg watts, you don't want to have more than 16 threads, otherwise
>> > powersaving sucks on that particular uarch and platform. Can you say
>> > that for all platforms out there?
> The cpu freq boost make the avg watts higher with x = 32, and also make
> higher power efficiency. We can disable cpu freq boost for this if we
> want lower power consumption all time.
> But for my understanding, the power efficient is better way to save power.

BTW, lowest p-state, no freq boost and plus this powersaving policy will
give the lowest power consumption.

And I need to say again. the powersaving policy just effect on system
under utilisation. when system goes busy, it won't has effect.
performance oriented policy will take over balance behaviour.

--
Thanks Alex