Re: [ANNOUNCE] 3.6.11.1-rt32

From: Carsten Emde
Date: Sun Apr 14 2013 - 17:22:24 EST

Hi Steven,

I'm pleased to announce the 3.6.11.1-rt32 stable release.
Unfortunately, there is another compile error:
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_gem.c: In function âi915_gem_wait_for_errorâ:
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_gem.c:118:3: warning: passing argument 1 of
ârt_spin_lockâ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
In file included from include/linux/spinlock.h:273:0,
from include/linux/wait.h:24,
from include/linux/fs.h:396,
from include/drm/drmP.h:47,
from drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_gem.c:28:
[..]
I would propose to adopt the mechanism that Sebastian introduced in
3.8.4-rt2 (https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/3/26/600). The kernel compiles
and runs without any problem with the below patch on a system that
requires the i915 driver module.
Thanks Carsten, I'll be updating this later today.
Thank you.

BTW, did you get any core dumps from the work queue race that we've
been seeing?
No, not yet. Originally, the farm systems did not use crashkernels by
default. I understood that it does no harm but could help in cases like
this one. Therefore, I've started to reconfigure all farm system with
crashkernels - starting with the two systems that had the work queue
race crashes. The kernel messages here (one is a 12-core, the other one
a 32-core box) look exactly like the one (https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/3/18/325)
you saw in your 40-core machine (https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/3/18/430).
We'll need to wait for the next crash that will give us a core dump we
may then dissect.

-Carsten.