Re: Return value of __mm_populate

From: Marco Stornelli
Date: Sun Apr 14 2013 - 03:33:29 EST

Hi,

Il 14/04/2013 02:18, KOSAKI Motohiro ha scritto:
(4/13/13 5:14 AM), Marco Stornelli wrote:
Hi,

I was seeing the code of __mm_populate (in -next) and I've got a doubt
about the return value. The function __mlock_posix_error_return should
return a proper error for mlock, converting the return value from
__get_user_pages. It checks for EFAULT and ENOMEM. Actually
__get_user_pages could return, in addition, ERESTARTSYS and EHWPOISON.

__get_user_pages doesn't return EHWPOISON if FOLL_HWPOISON is not specified.
I'm not expert ERESTARTSYS. I understand correctly, ERESTARTSYS is only returned
when signal received, and signal handling routine (e.g. do_signal) modify EIP and
hidden ERESTARTSYS from userland generically.

Yep, you're right, the "magic" is inside the signal management. Thanks!!

Marco