Re: [RFC Patch 2/2] mm: Add parameters to limit a rate ofoutputting memory error messages

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Thu Apr 11 2013 - 10:00:23 EST

> I don't think it's enough to do ratelimit only for me_pagecache_dirty().
> When tons of memory errors flood, all of printk()s in memory error handler
> can print out tons of messages.

Note that when you really have a flood of uncorrected errors you'll
likely die soon anyways as something unrecoverable is very likely to
happen. Error memory recovery cannot fix large scale memory corruptions,
just the rare events that slip through all the other memory error correction
schemes.

So I wouldn't worry too much about that.

The flooding problem is typically more with corrected error reporting.

-Andi

--
ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Speaking for myself only.