Re: çå: [Qemu-devel ] qemucrashed when starting vm(kvm) with vnc connect

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Date: Mon Apr 08 2013 - 06:51:03 EST

On Sun, Apr 07, 2013 at 04:58:07AM +0000, Zhanghaoyu (A) wrote:
> >> I start a kvm VM with vnc(using the zrle protocol) connect, sometimes qemu program crashed during starting period, received signal SIGABRT.
> >> Trying about 20 times, this crash may be reproduced.
> >> I guess the cause memory corruption or double free.
> >
> > Which version of QEMU are you running?
> >
> > Please try qemu.git/master.
> >
> > Stefan
>
> I used the QEMU download from qemu.git (http://git.qemu.org/git/qemu.git).

Great, thanks! Can you please post a backtrace?

The easiest way is:

$ ulimit -c unlimited
$ qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -m 1024 ...
...crash...
$ gdb -c qemu-system-x86_64.core
(gdb) bt

Depending on how your system is configured the core file might have a
different filename but there should be a file name *core* the current
working directory after the crash.

The backtrace will make it possible to find out where the crash
occurred.

Thanks,
Stefan