Re: Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason 2c on CPU 0.

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Thu Apr 04 2013 - 05:58:31 EST

On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 11:38:21AM +0200, Jiri Slaby wrote:
> Oh, this reminds me that this time it might be unrelated to
> yesterday's use of ethernet. Because today, I resumed the system by a
> kernel which I didn't pass nmi_watchdog=0 to.
>
> Hmm. So you can silently ignore the report I sent today :).
>
> And sure, the way you describe above "works" for me to trigger the
> issue... I just wanted to note the ethernet may interfere.
>
> Anyway, I will bake some hack to disable NMI before jumping to the
> resumed kernel and will see what happens...

Yeah, Rafael said something about the resume kernel not getting the
disabling of the watchdog in time or so... The issue looks like a last
forgotten NMI which fires although we've disabled the watchdog already.
The certainly aren't any other coming up after this last one.

Hmm.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.