[v3.8 Regression] Merge tag 'v3.7-rc2' into drm-intel-next-queued

From: Joseph Salisbury
Date: Wed Apr 03 2013 - 15:08:29 EST

Hi Daniel,

A bug was opened against the Ubuntu kernel[0]. After a kernel bisect, it was found the following was the first bad commit:

commit c2fb7916927e989ea424e61ce5fe617e54878827
Merge: 29de6ce 6f0c058
Author: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon Oct 22 14:34:51 2012 +0200

Merge tag 'v3.7-rc2' into drm-intel-next-queued

The regression was introduced as of v3.8-rc1. However, further testing also shows this bug is now fixed in v3.9-rc4.

I see that you are the author of this patch, so I wanted see if I can get your feedback. Do you happen to have an idea what may have fixed this in v3.9-rc4, so we can send a request to stable, if not already done? Otherwise, I can perform a reverse bisect to see which commit fixed this.

Thanks,

Joe

[0] http://pad.lv/1109309