[RFC GIT PULL] nohz: Kconfig layout improvements

From: Frederic Weisbecker
Date: Wed Apr 03 2013 - 08:46:41 EST

Ingo,

This set addresses your review concerning the Kconfig layout.
Please note two things here that derive from what we agreed
on due to technical limitations:

* Now the full dynticks Kconfig is not hidden anymore behind its
high level dependencies. (ie: passive dependencies are now active).
There is an exception though with CONFIG_VIRT_CPU_ACCOUNTING_GEN
(Full dynticks cputime accounting) that is part of a choice menu
like PREEMPT_*. It seems such kconfig layout prevent from doing a remote
select on its choices. So it stays a passive dependency for now, until
Kconfig/Kbuild supports that (Cc'ing Michel Marek) or somebody shows
me what I did wrong ;)

* Ideally we want to reuse CONFIG_NO_HZ as a Kconfig that consolidate
the common code between CONFIG_NO_HZ_IDLE and CONFIG_NO_HZ_EXTENDED.
But we also want CONFIG_NO_HZ from old config files to map to CONFIG_NO_HZ_IDLE.
Both at the same time is not possible or we have a Kconfig circular
dependency. So I introduced a new CONFIG_NO_HZ_COMMON for common nohz code
and CONFIG_NO_HZ stays for backward compatibility by enabling CONFIG_NO_HZ_IDLE
by default.

If you're ok, please pull from:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/frederic/linux-dynticks.git
timers/nohz-v2

Thanks.

---
Frederic Weisbecker (4):
nohz: Unhide full dynticks feature from its dependencies
nohz: Rename CONFIG_NO_HZ to CONFIG_NO_HZ_COMMON
nohz: Pack nohz Kconfig option in a menu of choices
nohz: Print final full dynticks CPUs range on boot

Documentation/RCU/stallwarn.txt | 2 +-
Documentation/cpu-freq/governors.txt | 4 +-
arch/um/include/shared/common-offsets.h | 4 +-
arch/um/os-Linux/time.c | 2 +-
include/linux/sched.h | 8 ++--
include/linux/tick.h | 8 ++--
init/Kconfig | 2 +-
kernel/hrtimer.c | 4 +-
kernel/sched/core.c | 18 +++++-----
kernel/sched/fair.c | 10 +++---
kernel/sched/sched.h | 4 +-
kernel/softirq.c | 2 +-
kernel/time/Kconfig | 54 ++++++++++++++++++++++++------
kernel/time/tick-sched.c | 22 +++++++++---
kernel/timer.c | 4 +-

1.7.5.4