Re: [patch v3 0/8] sched: use runnable avg in load balance

From: Michael Wang
Date: Tue Apr 02 2013 - 05:58:26 EST

On 04/02/2013 04:35 PM, Alex Shi wrote:
> On 04/02/2013 03:23 PM, Michael Wang wrote:
[snip]

>> The reason may caused by wake_affine()'s higher overhead, and pgbench is
>> really sensitive to this stuff...
>
> Thanks for testing. Could you like to remove the last patch and test it
> again? I want to know if the last patch has effect on pgbench.

Amazing, without the last one, pgbench show very good improvement,
higher than 10ms throttle, lower than 100ms throttle, I need confirm
this with a night-through testing.

I will look into those patches in detail later, I think it addressed
part of the wake_affine() issue (make the decision more accurately),
that's nice ;-)

Regards,
Michael Wang