Re: [RFC] perf: need to expose sched_clock to correlate usersamples with kernel samples

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Tue Apr 02 2013 - 03:54:51 EST

On Mon, 2013-04-01 at 11:29 -0700, John Stultz wrote:
> I'm still not sold on the CLOCK_PERF posix clock. The semantics are
> still too hand-wavy and implementation specific.

How about we define the semantics as: match whatever comes out of perf
(and preferably ftrace by default) stuff?

Since that stuff is already exposed to userspace, doesn't it make sense
to have a user accessible time source that generates the same time-line
so that people can create logs that can be properly interleaved?