Re: [RFC 00/27] perf tools: Build changes and kbuild support

From: David Ahern
Date: Mon Apr 01 2013 - 16:45:23 EST

Hi Jiri:

On 4/1/13 1:18 PM, Jiri Olsa wrote:
hi,
sending RFC for build changes and kbuild support.

Have you seen this patch set:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/8/20/59

It hooks into the conf commands to generate a .config file. Coincidentally I updated and expanded the patch series this morning to include dependencies and such. Latest Pconfig attached to give you an idea. I need to collapse a few patches and send them out tonight.

David config ARCH
string
option env="ARCH"

config X86
def_bool y if ARCH = "x86"
select HAVE_CFI_UNWIND_SUPPORT

config HAVE_CFI_UNWIND_SUPPORT
bool

config BIONIC
bool "Enable support for Bionic (e.g., Android platform)"
default n
select LIBC

config NEWT
bool "Enable newt-based TUI"

config GTK2
bool "Enable GTK-based UI"

config LIBC
bool "Development support for libc is available - glibc or bionic"

config LIBELF
bool "Enable support for libelf"
depends on !BIONIC && LIBC

config LIBUNWIND
bool "Enable support for libunwind"
depends on HAVE_CFI_UNWIND_SUPPORT
depends on LIBELF

config DEMANGLE
bool "Enable support for demangle"
depends on LIBELF

config DWARF
bool "Enable support for dwarf"
depends on LIBELF

config LIBAUDIT
bool "Enable support for libaudit"
help
Used for perf trace tool.

config LIBNUMA
bool "Enable support for libnuma"
help
Used for 'perf bench numa mem' benchmark

config BACKTRACE
bool "Enable support for stack backtrace debugging"

config LIBPERL
bool "Enable support for perl scripting engine"

config LIBPYTHON
bool "Enable support for python scripting engine"