[GIT PULL] nohz: Full dynticks base interface

From: Frederic Weisbecker
Date: Thu Mar 21 2013 - 11:24:34 EST

Hi Ingo,

This settles the initial ground to start a special full dynticks tree in -tip
that we can iterate incrementally to accelerate the development.
It is based on tip:sched/core.

I tried to rearrange a bit the naming. We are probably not yet done with
that but I guess we can fix it along with the rest.

Please pull from:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/frederic/linux-dynticks.git
full-dynticks-for-mingo

Changes on these commits since they were part of 3.9-rc1-nohz1:

* Force a timekeeping CPU over the full dynticks range
* Rename CONFIG_NO_HZ_FULL to CONFIG_NO_HZ_EXTENDED
* Following *_nohz_extended_* APIs renames
* Handle CPU hotplug for timekeeping
* Rename full_nohz= kernel parameter to nohz_extended=
* Improve some error handling
* Improve some documentation (comments, Kconfig, ...)

Many of these changes may have been suggested by several reviewers.
Sorry for the missing credits, I lost a bit track...

Thanks.
---
Frederic Weisbecker (3):
nohz: Basic full dynticks interface
nohz: Assign timekeeping duty to a CPU outside the full dynticks
range
nohz: Wake up full dynticks CPUs when a timer gets enqueued

Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt | 6 ++
include/linux/sched.h | 4 +-
include/linux/tick.h | 7 ++
kernel/sched/core.c | 20 ++++++-
kernel/time/Kconfig | 19 ++++++
kernel/time/tick-broadcast.c | 3 +-
kernel/time/tick-common.c | 5 +-
kernel/time/tick-sched.c | 107 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
kernel/timer.c | 12 ++--

1.7.5.4