Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (gpiotree relatred)

From: Ian Lartey
Date: Wed Mar 20 2013 - 11:41:38 EST

On 20/03/13 15:25, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi Grant,

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 09:10:42 +0800 Grant Likely <grant.likely@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 8:44 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

drivers/gpio/gpio-palmas.c: In function 'palmas_gpio_probe':
drivers/gpio/gpio-palmas.c:173:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'is_palmas_charger' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/gpio/gpio-palmas.c:173:30: error: 'struct palmas' has no member named 'product_id'

Caused by commit 82d4d6637fdf ("gpio/palmas: add in GPIO support for
palmas charger"). I wonder if this was ever build tested. :-(

Probably not. Looks like this driver doesn't get enabled without the
associated option in MFD. I didn't go searching for it, so my build
tests didn't catch it. I'll drop the patch from my tree. Sorry for the
pain.

I am still having to revert this commit .... :-(

Sorry Stephen - There's a new patch series, that should resolve this, undergoing review at the moment so that patch should be reverted...
for now.

Regards,

Ian