Re: [ 12/75] USB: EHCI: work around silicon bug in Intels EHCI controllers

From: Sven Joachim
Date: Tue Mar 19 2013 - 14:43:42 EST

On 2013-03-19 19:17 +0100, Alan Stern wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Mar 2013, Sven Joachim wrote:
>
>> On 2013-03-18 22:06 +0100, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
>>
>> > 3.8-stable review patch. If anyone has any objections, please let me know.
>>
>> This patch breaks resume from suspend on my system if the following
>> device is plugged in:
>>
>> ,----
>> | $ lsusb | head -n1
>> | Bus 005 Device 002: ID 07d1:3c03 D-Link System AirPlus G DWL-G122 Wireless Adapter(rev.C1) [Ralink RT2571W]
>> `----
>>
>> The same problem exists in 3.9-rc3, FWIW.
>>
>> Detailed lsusb output follows, I'll be happy to provide more information
>> if needed.
>
> In what way is resume broken?

The kernel comes back, but the screen is black. Manually switching VT's
is possible, and if I type something I can see it on the screen, but
there is no response and the cursor does not blink. It looks as if the
VT is not switched backed on resume, and userspace tasks are not
restarted. Sysrq combinations apparently work, but produce no output.

Cheers,
Sven