Re: [Intel-gfx] i915 black screen introduced by ACPI changes

From: Chris Li
Date: Tue Mar 19 2013 - 04:13:56 EST

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 12:29 AM, Jani Nikula
<jani.nikula@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've never used the acpi_osi= kernel parameter, but it looks like you
> could workaround this with acpi_osi="!Windows 2012". Please check that
> running the "bad" kernel.

I find out that I just can't set the acpi_osi="!Windows 2012" properly
in grub2.cfg.
Grub2 will second guess the quote and change it. So it end up Linux kernel will
see "acpi_osi=!Windows\x202012" or some thing like that.

However, I just find out that if I set acpi_osi=Linux the black screen
will go away.
That is one usable work around on the stock fedora kernel.

Chris