Stable kernel 3.8.3 appears to break displayport on intel gen4

From: Sergio Callegari
Date: Mon Mar 18 2013 - 10:49:04 EST

Hi,

hope sending this message here is OK. In case it is not please take my apology.

This is just a short note to let you know that after installing 3.8.3, display port stopped working on my laptop. Going back to 3.8.2 brought it back to life.
This has been tested with the ubuntu mainline kernels that should be vanilla stable kernels. Hope this is not an incorrect report due to something wrong on their side. Laptop is a DELL E6500 with intel gen4 integrated graphics (Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)).
With 3.8.3, xrandr does not report anymore the external monitor when it is actually attached via displayport.

Thanks for the attention and best regards,

Sergio Callegari