Re: Regression: Fixing recursive fault but reboot is needed at booton HP 6730B - bisected

From: Roberto Oppedisano
Date: Mon Mar 18 2013 - 04:02:59 EST

Il 18/03/2013 00:27, Rafael J. Wysocki ha scritto:

Please try to boot with initcall_debug in the kernel command line and see
if that works around the problem and if not, whether or not it provides a
clue about the point where boot is stuck (and if that point is always the
same).

initcall_debug makes no difference.
Going back to console=ttyS0 it seems that enabling serial console
gives a 100% boot success ratio. Unfortunately this means that I
can't capture the error with a serial console. This evening I'll
try with a 60 fps camera to see if I can get more info.

Regarding the point of failure I see that sometimes the boot is
stuck with an empty screen, sometimes it outputs the attended
stack trace (always booting with the same kernel command line
obviously).

Kind regards