Re: Patches

From: Daniel Mack
Date: Thu Mar 07 2013 - 07:07:36 EST

Hi Miles,

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Miles Rout <miles.rout@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm probably stepping on some toes here, but is it really necessary to
> post raw patches to this list? They do rather clog up one's inbox.

It depends what your patches are for. If you're working on a specific
subsystem, it might also suffice sending the patches to the appropriate
mailing list for that subsystem.

Just make sure to always Cc: the maintainers of the bits you're patching,
and check the file MAINTAINERS in your Linux tree. Also read up
Documentation/SubmittingPatches for general information.

> What's wrong with git?

Nothing's wrong with git. It's just that sending patches to a mailing list makes
it easier for people to comment on them.

Daniel