Re: linux-next: Tree for Mar 6 (hid)

From: Benjamin Tissoires
Date: Thu Mar 07 2013 - 03:13:40 EST

Hi Randy,

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 8:26 PM, Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 03/05/13 16:50, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Changes since 20130305:
>>

> on i386 and x86_64:

Sorry, it looks like my patches went not very smoothly.

> ERROR: "usb_control_msg" [drivers/hid/hid-multitouch.ko] undefined!

I've submitted a new patch removing this direct call. Maybe we should
change the Kconfig while these patches are not applied. Jiri?

> ERROR: "usb_ifnum_to_if" [drivers/hid/hid-holtek-kbd.ko] undefined!

oops, I'll have to double check this one.

> when CONFIG_USB_SUPPORT is not enabled.
>
> Should these drivers depend on USB_HID?

The goal of the patch series that breaks this was to make the hid
drivers independent of their transport layers, thus most of them
should not depend on usbhid anymore.

Cheers,
Benjamin