Re: virtual irq isssue - regmap_irq

From: Mark Brown
Date: Thu Mar 07 2013 - 02:14:29 EST

On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 12:27:52PM +0530, Ashish Jangam wrote:

> In regmap_irq if irq_base is unknown then regmap creates virq starting from 0
> and it seems that in kernel 3.8 virq 0 usage is not permitted, since during irq
> registration kernel throws a message "error: irq_desc already associated".

> I'm not sure if this requires fix in regmap_irq or kernel, can you please
> comment on this?

This is a bug in your platform which will affect anything using a linear
domain. The platform isn't setting up its interrupts correctly so that
the core knows that those interrupts are reserved, ideally the platform
would just use domains for everything but at least irq_alloc_decs()
needs to know what is going on.