Re: [GIT PULL] SLAB changes for v3.9-rc1

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Wed Mar 06 2013 - 15:40:58 EST

Hi Christoph,

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 6:38 PM, Christoph Lameter <cl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well this stuff was already ready for 3.8 and missed that merge period as
> well. There are a couple of bug fixes included as well. It is the basis
> for more common code between allocators. Most of it is renaming things so
> that fields have a common name which enables more code sharing.

It was me who missed the merge window - sorry about that. But is there
really any real need to push this through at such late stage? People
will work on "slab/next" branch anyway so what's the rush?

We had quite a lot of changes due to slab memcg and I'd rather keep
things calm for this release cycle. It usually takes a few cycles for
people to start noticing problems and it doesn't really help if
there's code churn going on all the time.

Pekka