Re: [GIT PULL] SLAB changes for v3.9-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Mar 05 2013 - 21:32:17 EST

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 2:35 AM, Pekka Enberg <penberg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It contains more of Christoph's SLAB unification work that reduce the
> differences between different slab allocators. The code has been sitting
> in linux-next without problems.
>
> If you feel this is inappropriate for -rc2, just skip the pull and I'll
> requeue it for 3.10.

Ugh. It only came a day late, and if you had pushed a bit harder, I'd
have pulled it. But when you put it that way, I really cannot see any
valid reason why it cannot wait, and so I think I'll just expect it
for the next release.

If you change your mind and realize that it fixes some major bug and
really needs to be pulled after all, holler.

Linus