Re: sendfile and EAGAIN

From: Ulrich Drepper
Date: Sat Mar 02 2013 - 20:41:53 EST

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't understand the issue.
>
> sendfile() returns -EAGAIN only if no bytes were copied to the socket.

There is something wrong/unexpected/...

I have a program which can use either sendfile or send. When using
sendfile to transmit a large block (I've seen it with 900k) the
sendfile call does not transmit everything. There receiver gets only
about 600k. This is the situation when I think I've seen EAGAIN
errors from sendmail but I cannot just now reproduce it. This is with
sockets of AF_UNIX type.

Are there any limits to take into account?