Re: sched: CPU #1's llc-sibling CPU #0 is not on the same node!

From: Tang Chen
Date: Fri Mar 01 2013 - 06:30:09 EST

On 03/01/2013 03:43 PM, Yinghai Lu wrote:
Please check attached patches.

Plan A. revert all 8 patches:
revert_movablemem_map.patch

Plan B. fix movablemem_map:
kill_max_low_pfn_mapped.patch and fix_movablemem_map.patch

fix_movablemem_map.patch is too risky, and need more test.

Hi Yinghai,

In your Plan B, you allocated pgdat on local node, right ?

- nd_pa = memblock_alloc_try_nid(nd_size, SMP_CACHE_BYTES, nid);
+ nd_pa = memblock_find_in_range_node(start, end, nd_size,
+ SMP_CACHE_BYTES, nid); ---------------- Here, right ?

Without movablemem_map, pgdat will be allocated successfully on local node, right ?

If so, this will prevent node hot-plug, because as mentioned by Kamezawa, there is
no way to ensure pgdat is not used by others on stack.

I do hope you can stop putting pgdat and zone on local node for now. And improve it
in the future.

And I also hope you can apply my revert SRAT patch first, and then do your work.
It will seem more clean to me.

Thanks. :)