Re: dmesg macro in Documentation/kdump/gdbmacros.txt outdated

From: Daniel Mack
Date: Fri Mar 01 2013 - 02:23:36 EST

On 01.03.2013 02:31, Andreas Fenkart wrote:
> Is there an updated version matching the changed printk structure?

I hacked something up a while ago, but it's not perfect. The code below
stops dumping too early IIRC, but I never got around to fix that. Maybe
someone wants to look at it and help debug, so we can put it into
gdbmacros.txt ...

Thanks,
Daniel

define dmesg
set $idx = 0
set $seq = 0

while ($seq++ < log_next_seq)
set $buf = log_buf + $idx
set $log = (struct log *) $buf

if ($log->len == 0)
loop_break
end

printf "%s\n", (char *) ($buf + sizeof(struct log))
set $idx += $log->len
end
end

document dmesg
dmesg
Print the content of the kernel message buffer
end