Re: sched: CPU #1's llc-sibling CPU #0 is not on the same node!

From: Tang Chen
Date: Thu Feb 28 2013 - 22:46:51 EST

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.Hi Linus,

Please refer to the attached patch.

This patch everts only the following two patches.

commit 01a178a94e8eaec351b29ee49fbb3d1c124cb7fb
acpi, memory-hotplug: support getting hotplug info from SRAT
commit e8d1955258091e4c92d5a975ebd7fd8a98f5d30f
acpi, memory-hotplug: parse SRAT before memblock is ready

Without these two patches, users can use "movablemem_map=nn[KMG]@ss[KMG]"
correctly, and cause no problem.

And of course, the kernel will work as before if users don't use
"movablemem_map=nn[KMG]@ss[KMG]".

I do hope we can keep "movablemem_map=nn[KMG]@ss[KMG]" in 3.9.

We are working on fixing the SRAT problems, and we aims to push SRAT related
patches in 3.10. And we will also improve "movablemem_map=nn[KMG]@ss[KMG]"
functionality consistently in the future.

Thanks. :)