Re: mmotm 2013-02-19-17-20 uploaded

From: Nathan Zimmer
Date: Thu Feb 21 2013 - 13:35:43 EST

On 02/21/2013 12:27 PM, Stephen Boyd wrote:
On 2/21/2013 10:18 AM, Nathan Zimmer wrote:
On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 01:25:29AM -0800, Stephen Boyd wrote:
On 2/19/2013 5:21 PM, akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
* timer_list-split-timer_list_show_tickdevices.patch
* timer_list-convert-timer-list-to-be-a-proper-seq_file.patch
* timer_list-convert-timer-list-to-be-a-proper-seq_file-fix.patch
* timer_list-convert-timer-list-to-be-a-proper-seq_file-v2.patch
* timer_list-convert-timer-list-to-be-a-proper-seq_file-v2-fix.patch
* timer_list-convert-timer-list-to-be-a-proper-seq_file-fix-fix.patch
These commits seem to break the timer list on devices with maxcpus !=
nr_cpu_ids, which is possible if you specify maxcpus on the kernel
command line. I no longer see the percpu devices that I normally have
after the broadcast device.
Interesting.
However I can't seem to boot at the moment with maxcpus set to less then the actual
number of cpus so I am not having much luck investigating right now.
It works well on ARM processors. I believe it still works on x86 devices
as well. I suppose you can simulate it by offlining a CPU and then
reading the file.
Thanks I am seeing the failure now.
This comment is useful around the cpumask functions.

Returns >= nr_cpu_ids if no further cpus set.

I had assumed it would be = nr_cpu_ids.
I will need to rethink the iterator.

Also I retested my other patches in the series, the ones for schedstat and sched_debug, and those worked fine.