Re: Fwd: mmc card probe not getting called

From: anish kumar
Date: Wed Feb 20 2013 - 01:13:53 EST

On Wed, 2013-02-20 at 11:25 +0530, chetan cr123 wrote:
Avoiding top posting.
> Hi Anish,
>
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> I was doing device registration for device by giving same name as
> driver name, This i used to do in platform driver registration,
>
> But i dont know how to do for mmc device registration,
>
> And i also want to know which part of the code(file name) is doing the
> string compare with the driver and device names and calling the probe
> function. can u please point me to that part of code. from many days i
> was searching from which part of code where string compare is done and
> calls the probe function.
>

> Kindly point me out to that part of code.
look at drivers/base/dd.c
static int really_probe(struct device *dev, struct device_driver *drv)
{
//snip
if (dev->bus->probe) {
ret = dev->bus->probe(dev);
if (ret)
goto probe_failed;
} else if (drv->probe) {
ret = drv->probe(dev);
if (ret)
goto probe_failed;
}
Tip:Whenever you want to see how some function is being called use
dump_stack().This will give you the call chain leading up to your
function call which you are interested in.