Re: [ANNOUNCE] Git v1.8.2-rc0

From: Matthieu Moy
Date: Tue Feb 19 2013 - 02:44:30 EST

Junio C Hamano <gitster@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> +At Git 2.0 (not *this* one), we
> +plan to change these commands without pathspec to operate on the
> +entire tree, and training your fingers to type "." will protect you
> +against the future change.

My understanding of the plan was more to forbid argumentless git -u|-A
at Git 2.0 (this is the potentially harmful change), and then to
re-allow it with different semantics later.

But I'm OK with changing directly too, as long as we have warned for
some time before, and will continue to warn after for some time too.

--
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/