Re: thermal governor: does it actually work??

From: Alexander Lam
Date: Mon Feb 18 2013 - 15:34:17 EST

On Feb 18, 2013 7:11 AM, "Zhang, Rui" <rui.zhang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry I missed that patch.
>
> So the problem happens when the acerhdf thermal zone is registered when the fan has already been spinning, right?

Correct, when the acerhdf driver is switched into kernel controlled
mode and the fan is spinning, it stays spinning until the temperature
goes above the fan-on trip point and then below the fan-off trip
point. then the fan shuts off.

I don't have an opinion on how this is fixed, so do whatever you want
with my patch. Maybe you should drop it entirely if we do end up
applying Peter's fix.

> Thanks,
>
> rui

-Alexander Lam