Re: RCU?: Scheduling while atomic with 3.4.23-rt33

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Mon Feb 18 2013 - 10:33:00 EST

On Mon, 2013-02-18 at 12:16 +0100, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Feb 2013, Tim Sander wrote:
> > Here is a transtribed backtrace for easier reading:
> > c0010fac t dump_backtrace
> > c022c188 T dump_stack
> > c022c71c t __schedule_bug
> > c022fb28 t __schedule
> > c0230644 t rt_spin_lock_slowlock
> > c0230ba8 T rt_spin_lock
> > c003a9b8 T __wake_up
> > c0052a44 t invoke_rcu_callbacks
> > c0053764 T rcu_check_callbacks
> > c0026060 T update_process_times
>
> That's due to CONFIG_TINY_PREEMPT_RCU=y. That's a known issue, which
> has been fixed in 3.6-rt.
>
> Steven, could you backport that to 3.2/3.4 please ?

I'm currently trying to get -rt up with the latest stable releases (Greg
is too damn fast). I'll add this in an -rc later today if I get a
chance. Otherwise it may have to wait till next week, or perhaps I can
work on it while at ELC (I leave tomorrow). Keynotes are always a good
time to get tedious tasks done online.

-- Steve