Re: Stupid user with user-space questions, matrix LED driving withuser space code only.

From: Greg KH
Date: Sun Feb 17 2013 - 21:05:56 EST

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 02:37:24PM +0000, Jonathan Andrews wrote:
> From a user perspective it seems a bit crap to have to change the kernel
> if you have a workload that preemption is harmful to.
> In the case of something like the Raspberry Pi changing the kernel if
> the distribution has not done the work for me sounds like real effort.
> The kernel is tied to binary obscurity from broadcom... To build I need
> a working cross compiler, toolchain, kernel sources, Pi specific patches
> then to get everything in the correct place on an SD card containing two
> filesystems. Its possible but its not going to "just work" at my skill
> level....

As you can not boot a kernel.org kernel on the RPI platform just yet,
there's very little that the kernel.org community can do here to help
you out. I suggest you go take this up with the developers whom you got
this specific kernel build from, there's nothing we can do here about
it.

Best of luck,

greg k-h