Re: [patch] config: fix make kvmconfig

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Wed Feb 06 2013 - 15:45:59 EST

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 10:12 PM, David Rientjes <rientjes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What's the endgame for kvmtool/next? The patch that this fixes has been
> sitting in linux-next for over 15 months and hasn't been pulled by Linus,
> yet some find it to be quite useful.
>
> Is it a permanent addition to linux-next, is there a route to mainline,
> or something else?

It is actively developed and has recently gained support for ARM, for
example. Ingo keeps pulling it to the -tip tree so tools/kvm also
appears on linux-next through that. Linus doesn't think it's worth
pulling and the KVM maintainers are uninterested.

So I guess we've deadlocked the Linux kernel development process?