Re: [BUG?] false positive in soft lockup detector while unlzma initramfson slow cpu

From: Mike Lykov
Date: Fri Feb 01 2013 - 11:43:18 EST

01.02.2013 19:59, Don Zickus пишет:
> Hmm, that seems to make sense. I was expecting that problem to pop up on
> my end but didn't see. I just asusmed the boot code didn't use that
> decompressor.

Can you accumulate all our discussion and create one right-coded, kernelcode-styled patch?

> Though I am not sure why that is leading to your other PATA problems
> below. Did you have similar problems when you used other decompression
> levels?

In past - no. But I not test this last kernel variant with other level.

> I am not sure how to explain the differences.

I think this is similar as decompress:
Kernel stop and wait next try in "default_idle()" for 20-30 sec, and in this moment softlockup detector panics ;)

But without patch for touch_softlockup_watchdog in decompress_unlzma+misc.c it works (try, fail, pause, try, fail, go on).

--
Mike
Sapienti sat.