Re: How to online remove an error scsi disk from the system?

From: Bryn M. Reeves
Date: Fri Feb 01 2013 - 05:08:03 EST

On 02/01/2013 09:59 AM, Tao Ma wrote:
yes, but the result is the same. It will do some IO first which will
cause this command hang.

You seem to have a problem with either the device/adapter or in the driver. The backtrace you posted shows that jbd2 (ext4) is still waiting on IO that's been submitted to an mpt2sas or mpt3sas adapter (I only know that because I recognise their log messages - you should try to include relevant details like this when seeking assistance).

The adapter/driver hasn't completed the IO and it looks like the SCSI layer is trying to abort it. Depending on the state of the driver and hardware your only option might be to reboot (or physically hot remove the device if your hardware allows it).

You don't mention the versions of the kernel and driver you're using - if the system is in production I would suggest contacting who ever normally provides support for the kernel and distribution that you are running.

Regards,
Bryn.