Re: linux-next: manual merge of the tty tree with the input tree

From: Joe Millenbach
Date: Tue Jan 29 2013 - 01:27:10 EST

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 9:33 PM, Dmitry Torokhov
<dmitry.torokhov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please revert the input changes and add *ONE* new dependency to the
> serport driver.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Dmitry

Apologies on this. I must have misunderstood the problem originally,
and I definitely misunderstood your solution until I looked at it
again. I just went through applying the changes I'd created minus the
driver/input changes, plus your SERPORT TTY dependency. You were
right that it solves the dependency issue and is much more elegant. I
thought it was going to leave dangling select dependencies for users
to deal with later. Sorry I was so hesitant at first.

I'll be making up a new patch for Greg after I get it reviewed. And
thank you for your help and persistence in this, Dmitry.

- Joe