Re: Re: [GIT PULL] uprobes: pre-filtering

From: Masami Hiramatsu
Date: Fri Jan 25 2013 - 06:23:46 EST

(2013/01/25 15:46), Srikar Dronamraju wrote:
> The other alternative is to extend the current abi and pass the
> prefilter option. Should we extend the abi for userspace tracing is
> obviously debatable.

Hmm, afaik, ftrace has set_ftrace_pid and perf record
also has --pid option. I think you can hook those
to set pre-filter option at first. Of course, since
those are universal options, we may need other per-event
pid filter.

Thank you,

--
Masami HIRAMATSU
IT Management Research Dept. Linux Technology Center